Tuesday 29 January 2013

Quick and Simple Felt Heart Garland

Sometimes, it is the simple things that make a big impact and I am so pleased with how easy and quick these felt heart garlands were to make.  I own a sizzix punch, so had these hearts all pre-made, however; you can create a template and cut your own from felt, fabric or paper and a variation of shapes would look really nice and personalise the finished garland even more.
Cut a length of thread as long as you want the garland to be and simply, attach the heat hearts by sewing [either by hand, or with a machine] a running stitch through the centre:
Continue through the number of hearts that you want...
...until complete.  I varied my colour groups on each garland and decided to hand sew my hearts so that they were moveable:
Once I had threaded all of my garlands, I hung them around the house to brighten it up:


I also threaded hearts in a garland style horizontally, sewing a running stitch across the hearts in similar colour combinations:

...and strung them around furniture and across mirrors, mantles and dressers.  Until someone stopped me.  Just wait until Valentine's Day - no surface, hook or frame is going to be safe.

You can see how I framed these garlands in this post.

Don't forget, you can follow me on Pintrest:
  Follow Me on Pinterest

 and Twitter!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I really really really do love this!! It is so cute and it bring the perfect kind of Valentines cheer! I am definitely pinning this. xx. McKenna Lou

    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy and I love them too - really cheer my picture frames up! x

      Delete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig