Here are the no-need-for instructions and photos, but you're getting them anyway. Simple as you like.
- You will need a cupcake, either home-made or *cough* pre-made *cough* shop-bought *cough*.
- Take it out of the packaging and turn upside down, placing a scoopful of butter icing on the top.
- Roll out a thin [the thinner, the better] of fondant icing and use a large cookie cutter [mine was around 37/8 inch - 98mm] to create a neat, round ghostly cover.
- Drape over the cupcake, moulding a few folds around the base.
- Create two eyes by dipping the end of a cocktail stick into black food colouring and marking at the top of the ghostly shape.
- Line the top with a thin [or thick, depending on your taste] layer of buttercream.
- Roll out a thin of fondant icing and use a cookie cutter as close to the size of your cupcake as you can to create a neat, round head [mine was a 21/4 inch - 58mm cutter].
- Add two chocolate drops to the middle for eyes.
- Cut long thin straight lines of fondant icing, add a little water to the undersides and begin to layer these over the top of the head, enclosing the top and bottom of the chocolate drop eyes.
- Use the same cookie cutter used to create the head to trim the edges neatly.
- Place on top
If you have time, core each cupcake and either fill with jam or something gory looking, the more liquid, the better.
see you next time x