making | baking | creating

Sunday Short: Personalised Notebooks


I took part in the November Oh Comely care package swap this year and I loved putting together a package to send overseas.  One of the items I included was a personalised notebook, using an inspirational quote and it sent me straight back to the store to buy a few more blank notebooks to create some for friends, family and myself - as I have a serious stationery addiction.

I picked my books up from Sainsburys - the small A6 books were just 99p and the A5 books £1.99.
My favourite pattern to create was the simple confetti transfer - using acrylic paint and the eraser
 end of a pencil as the stamp.  Scatter across the page and overlap a few for effect:

...finished with a stamped message:
I also attached a charm with a simple stitch to another:

...and used stickers to decorate the front of a special book for my Mum:
 There are so many other decorations you could add to the front of the books: break out the pens and decorate with doodle and scribbles; a simple stitched embellishment, using embroidery floss, would add colour and texture;  print out and trace a favourite quote, photo or design, all can be personalised and whether you have a Secret Santa present to buy, or just want to give something a little extra in a Christmas stocking, these are perfect presents.
see you next time x

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig