Friday 2 November 2012

Firework Popping Candy Sparklers

With Fireworks night approaching - I wanted to make some sparklers of my own with a little popping candy suprise!  Also, who doesn't love these and wish they were bigger?!

What You Need:
Breadsticks
Chocolate/Caramel
Popping Candy/Sprinkles

I can't make this seem difficult even if I tried and it's very quick.  Melt your chocolate using your favourite method [hob/microwave].  Take your breadstick and coat around 4/5 of it in the chocolate [I found holding the breadstick over the chocolate and covering with a spoon the easiest method]
Allow your breadsticks to dry flat on a lined baking tray.  
Before it has chance to set, sprinkle with a good coating of popping candy and allow to dry.

To finish, I melted some white chocolate and drizzled over the top for decoration.
Because of the crunch of the breadstick, the popping candy takes a while to take effect - watching people realise is hilarious - and great for kids [even better for big ones]!

Not everyone loves popping candy either, so here are ideas for some variations:  Like the chocolate marshmallows I made, you could decorate with sprinkles, chopped nuts, chocolate drops or toffee chunks, coconut shavings - anything you fancy.  I used some yellow sprinkles to create sparklers without the popping and caramel to decorate the rest of mine.


So much tastier than sparklers.

Or even create mini breadstick versions, using the same methods:

Have a wonderful weekend and have a safe Fireworks celebration!  Thanks so much for popping by the blog this week - see you on Tuesday x

Don't forget, you can follow me on Pintrest:
  Follow Me on Pinterest

 and Twitter!

Share:

1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh! Love these! Awesome idea for New Year's!

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig