Wednesday 30 April 2014

Spring Folder Makeover

This month, I decided to join in on some Spring craft swaps - and last week, I sent off two packages which were part of the #craftblogclub [I was paired with the very lovely Gude from Hodge Podge] and Dainty and Ivory Spring swaps.  Both were sent at a similar time and I really wanted to make a couple of items to include in the packages that weren't items I had made before, so today and on Friday, I will be sharing how I made two of the items my craft swappers received.  I really hope they liked them.

What I Used:
Plastic Folders [pack of 3 from Sainsburys - £3.99]
Patterned Card
Resin Flowers
Glue / Ruler / Pencil / Scissors / Craft Knife
As a stationery fan, I believe you can never have too many of any of it - and folders are no exception.
This was an easy way to pretty up and make over some plain plastic wallets.
The process is simple, needing no more than to trace the size and shape of he different folder sections on to the back of your card.  Cut ever so slightly smaller than the pattern you create for yourself [this will allow for plenty of movement and expansion] and place:

To combat the tricky fastening in the top, I made an impression into the card with the folder and made a small cut with a craft knife to start.  Push the fastening into the hole, which will then allow for an impression of the size to be made.  Make straight cuts from the small hole to the end of the second impression to allow it to push through:
 Hide the excess card by trimming and then tucking under the fastening:
 I then made any final lines to cut:

...and then stuck the card in place permanently with glue:
Finally, I added a pretty pastel resin flower to cover the outside of the fastening and finish the folder:
Before repeating the same in blue tones:
.... Two much prettier folders for bits and bobs, papers and storage:
I really hope their new owners like them.
see you next time x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig