Friday 13 February 2015

Pancake Rolls


For me, there is only one all important day in February and the rules state you can only eat one thing.  Pancakes.  I am not one to be breaking these rules.  Last year, I was all about the Chocolate Nut, Eton Mess and Millionaires Shortbread stacks for Pancake Day [seriously, so good].  This year, I'm rolling.  If you're a fan of bacon, ice-cream, cream, chocolate, oreos, coulis, maple syrup, fruit and, of course, teacakes -  these might be enough to tempt you on the 17th.

If you are a savoury pancake fan, I highly recommend a bacon-based roll.  Bacon & brie for breakfast:
Maple syrup & bacon for elevenses:
P.S - If you have a choice of syrup, I'd highly recommend Clark's.


For a treat - my ultimate pancake roll: crushed Oreos,  cookie dough ice-cream and chocolate drops:
Substitute the oreo for your favourite biscuit or chocolate bar - slice up and roll.  Can't beat it.

Finally, for dessert - a mix of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and thick double cream:
.....bit of icing sugar sifted on top.  Yes please.

As a special Pancake Day announcement - sliced Tunnocks Teacakes rolled in a pancake win 2015:
have a great weekend x

My 2014 Pancake Stacks [Eton Mess, Millionnaires Shortbread & Choc Nut (!)] here:

[P.S - please be assured I did not eat these all myself.........only a few].
Share:

1 comment

  1. This year, I'm rolling. If you're a fan of bacon, ice-cream, cream, chocolate, oreos, coulis, maple syrup, fruit and, of course, teacakes - these might be enough to tempt you on the 17th. cheap wedding bands canada , cheap wedding bands australia

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig