Monday 30 March 2015

How to Make an Easter Egg Hunt Bag

For Christmas 2013 I made present sacks, personalised with Sharpies, to fill with presents.  I really wanted to make a similar style bag for Easter, to keep eggs and other treats in for my nephew.
They are simple to make and can be kept for years to come - all you need is a pen and a bag.

What I Used:
Jute Bags [eBay]
Sharpies
Template 
 I created a template on the computer [I wouldn't be trusting my free-hand
 with this!] in a nice, clear font that could be seen through the bag and easily traced:
 The bag is made quickly and easily: place the template inside the bag and trace the letters
with a Sharpie, colour in any larger letters:
 ...and use lighter, finer strokes for the thinner, smaller letters:
I know what you've been thinking - does it fit a Cadburys Creme Easter Egg?  
Of course - otherwise, I would not be making it.
...and it is as simple as that.  Fill your bags up with Easter treats:
...and if you have a tote bag or plain gift bag, you can use exactly the same technique to
personalise them and present your eggs in this year, or store the rewards of an Easter Egg Hunt:
Its a great keepsake that can be used for years to come.
see you next time x

More Easter craftiness for your week here.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love those bags!
    I feel I need to organise an Easter Egg hunt just so I can use those bags! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can trace through this bag. My handwriting just can't be trusted!

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig