Saturday 2 December 2017

DIY Christmas | Pinecone, Dried Fruit and Bauble Garlands

Back in October, I decided to dress up my mantle with a simple garland of eucalyptus, gypsophila, hydrangeas and pumpkins [you can see the DIY here], and todays DIY shows you 3 ways in which I was able to update this for Winter.



| WHAT YOU NEED |


The Base: Floral Foam | Eucalyptus | Gypsophila | White Berries | Pinecones | White Paint
Additions: Baubles | Dried Fruit | Skewers | Glue Gun

| HOW YOU MAKE THEM |

Each garland starts with the same base of floral foam, eucalyptus and gypsophila.  I removed the hydrangeas and pumpkins, which gave me a guide as to where the main elements of each garland would be placed.  To add interest, texture and detail, I picked up two branches of mini frosted pinecones and white berries from poundland that I trimmed and added to create length and fullness in the garland.
To create more movement as I placed these towards the front of the mantle, in a draped shape to help break up the more structured garland greenery.
[I highly recommend popping in to your local poundland to see the artificial flowers and foliage for yourself]


1. PINECONES

In the final DIY of the pinecone trilogy, I used a few left over from both the winter potpourri and pinecone tree DIYs that I styled up with a little white spray paint, white glitter to create a frosted effect and added a skewer to the base of each with a little hot glue, trimming to size.
Adding the pinecones, I started from the middle outwards to create some symmetary, adding fullness to the shape of the garland at the centre, thinning out to the ends [if you have a variety of sizes, the larger pinecones would work best in the middle, getting smaller in size to the sides].
As there was little colour in the garland, I did keep 4 pinecones paint and glitter free, placing two at the front centre and two at the sides to break up the white.
This garland stands alone as a gorgeous addition to your Winter decor, or as a base for lights:
...or other decorations.


2. BAUBLES

To tie your garland in with your tree or Christmas decor, you can replace or add to the pinecones with baubles.

Again, to help create a full centre, I used larger baubles and then decreased the size towards the outside.  The baubles can either be attached by threading some wire through the hanging, or simply removing the hanging and placing on top of a skewer.
To help add a little colour and interest, I also added shiny gold bells:
This style adds a little sparkle, colour and is a really easy way to dress up your mantle with some simple decorations you already have.


3. DRIED FRUIT

Finally, a dried fruit garland not only adds colour to your home, but a festive scent to go with it!  I used additional dried fruit from last weeks Winter potpourri DIY: orange, lemon and lime slices, clementines and cinnamon sticks, fixed in place with skewers.

So, there are three ways that you can dress up your mantle for Winter and the festive period - I'm not sure I can imagine the fireplace without one now.
Share:

14 comments

  1. Such a beauty full post, I love this post thanks for sharing this wonderful post.Garden Street Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. gourmet nuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog to read thanks for share.

    various wire equipments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I propose merely very good along with reputable data, consequently visualize it: Vegan CBD gummies for pain uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleasant Arts Flower Co., Limited is among the certified and
    proficient counterfeit plants makers in China.
    China Best Artificial Plants Supplier Artificial plants manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Information article, it was very helpful! I simply began in this and I’m attractive more familiar with it better! Thanks, keep doing amazing.. Cryogenic air separation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing I think you should also write an article about powder free nitrile examination gloves

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have your unique style of writing which is clearly shown in your articles. Sethji Dry Fruits are a Delightful Combo Of Healthy Mix With Delicious Taste, Which Includes All Premium Dry Fruits Like Famous Black Paper Cashew, Plain Cashew, Almond, And Pistachios.

    sanora
    Almonds Oil

    ReplyDelete
  9. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this data in blog and truly cherished this blog .

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s an amazing blog post, and it is really helpful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for shring It is excellent blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing us this unique blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Blog Is Very Nice Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've found the blog I was looking for. I find this stuff to be really helpful. I am grateful that you shared it.

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig